Instructor Applications for Michigan Hoop Dance Retreat 2017 are Open!
Who are we looking for?
One of the main goals of the Michigan Hoop Dance Retreat is to build the hoop and flow community right here in Michigan. That’s why we focus on highlighting the incredible skill sets of our native (and nearby) instructors.
MHDR is looking for teachers who are passionate about hooping (or their respective flow art). They are helpful leaders who offer something unique to the world of flow teaching. They don’t necessarily have the most experience, or the longest tenure hooping, but they do work hard to be better than yesterday.
What is expected of instructors?
Instructors for the Michigan Hoop Dance Retreat will be asked to teach 1-2 workshops. Most sessions are 1-hr long. MHDR is a community experience. Instructors are expected to participate in the event just like any other attendee. We’re all learners and have something to gain and give by taking others’ workshops.
MHDR instructors are ambassadors for the retreat. This means you are our biggest supporters. You help share the event. You get your friends excited. And you come to the retreat, ready to share and receive openly. Our instructors are a huge part of the incredible loving and accepting atmosphere at MHDR and we count on you to help drive that energy.
What benefits do instructors receive?
Instructors at MHDR will receive instructor pay, a full access ticket to the retreat, and early access camping.
- What if I already bought a ticket to MHDR?
- Your ticket will be refunded to you. MHDR instructors receive a full access pass to the retreat as part of their instructor compensation.
- Can I apply if I haven’t been teaching very long?
- Yes. MHDR strives to bring the most passionate and dedicated flow instructors to the retreat. Experience does not drive passion or dedication.
- Can I apply if I don’t teach hoop, but I do teach some other flow art?
- Yes. We hope to host 1 or 2 auxiliary flow artists or dancers at the retreat. Our hoopers have specifically asked for poi, fan, and staff workshops.
When are applications due?
The 2017 Michigan Hoop Dance Retreat is August 11, 12, 13 at Sunset Place Campground in Mason, MI. MHDR is a community experience. Please plan on staying for the weekend and joining in on the fun.
Applications are due by March 24th, 2017 at 9 pm EST. Please complete the form below and click submit to complete your instructor application. You will be notified by email whether or not you are selected to teach at MHDR2017.